How to effectively clean the microwave oven with a kitchen sponge without damaging its internal surface?
The process of cleaning microwave oven using a detergent and a kitchen sponge
The method with a kitchen sponge and detergent is suitable for medium soiled microwave ovens.
- take a foam rubber sponge and thoroughly moisten it in water
Never use a metal washcloth to avoid damaging the oven. Never use this appliance to wash the oven as it can scratch the enamel coating of the walls.
- squeeze a couple of drops of any detergent on the sponge, then gently foam it;
- place the soapy sponge in the microwave oven, close the door and switch it on to minimum power;
- Make sure the sponge does not start to melt. 30-40 seconds is usually enough to dissolve light contaminants;
- After the process is complete, switch off the appliance;
- Open the door and start cleaning: wipe off the old dirt on the back of the oven, then on the sides, wash the rotating plate and the plastic ring under it and then clean the microwave door;
- Rinse the sponge in clean water and once again and clean the surface of the oven.
As you can see, this method is quite simple and it does not take much time, but the result is undoubtedly pleasing.
You can try additional means for achieving maximum effect including vinegar, lemon, soda, or special household cleaners.
If the microwave oven is used frequently, the cleaning has to be done at least once a week. To prevent the fat from splashing during the heating process, cover the dishes with a glass lid or a special plastic cover. If you want your kitchen assistant to avoid an extreme degree of soiling, wipe it with a damp sponge after each use. This is especially true if a piece of food explodes during heating, as it will be very problematic to remove it afterwards. If the layer of dirt on the walls cannot be removed with the help of the method described in this article, place a large container with water inside and heat it at medium power for 1-2 hours – then wash it from the inside in any convenient way.
Having order in the kitchen is the guarantee of a good mood of any mistress. Keep your home appliances clean and tidy, and it will serve properly for many years to come.