4E or 4C error code appears when the system detects a water supply issue. Most likely, the water supply hose is kinked or blocked.
A few simple troubleshooting steps can help you solve the problem and get your washing machine back to work:
- Be sure that the water supply tap is on.
- Check the water supply hose for bents and kinks.
- Make sure that the mesh filter in the water supply hose is not clogged or damaged. It is advisable to clean the filter at least twice every year.
Clean the mesh filter properly
Here is a little guide on how to clean the mesh filter. Also, there is a video at the bottom of the page that describes the process.
- Turn off the water supply tap.
- Disconnect the water supply hose from the machine.
- Pull out the mesh filter from the hose using pliers.
- Rinse it out in tap water.
- Place the filter back into the hose.
- Reconnect the water supply hose to the washing machine.
- Turn on the tap and run a cycle to ensure there is no leak.
- Switch the machine off and then on again.