Peloton trainers have been in production for many years, and there are already quite a few offers for buying a bike from hand. This is good, because by buying a used Peloton, you can significantly save the family budget. The only thing you have to face is the transportation of the bike.
To move the machine, you must remove the touch screen, bottle holder, weight holders, and pedals. Next, lower the seat and steering wheel as much as possible and secure all the adjusting levers. You can not move the device alone, the weight of the Peloton is more than 60 kg.
It is necessary to transport the bike carefully, as Peloton has expensive and rather fragile elements. For example, replacing the touch screen on an exercise machine is likely to be expensive.
Peloton bikes have a fairly large weight – from 61 to 64 kg. The mass of one flywheel can reach 18 kg. The base of the simulator has a size of 122 cm by 61 cm. Such parameters allow the device to maintain normal stability not only during intensive training but also during transportation.
At the same time, moving the Peloton due to its large weight and size can be problematic. It is unlikely that one person will be able to move it and or lift it. If we are talking about moving within the same room, everything is simple – you can use the special wheels that the simulators are equipped with.
How to prepare for Peloton transportation?
It will not be difficult to transport Peloton, if you take into account some nuances. First of all, you need to find an assistant. You need to start by disassembling the bike, carrying it and loading it into the vehicle.
Before moving the Pelotlon, lower the handlebars and the seat to the limit, secure the levers as much as possible. All fragile parts of the simulator must be removed, especially the touch screen, weight holders, bottle holder, pedals.
How to properly remove each of them, we will explain below. After making sure that these elements are removed, and the rest is securely fixed, you can proceed with transportation. Ratchet straps can be used to stabilize the Pelotlon while moving.
How to disassemble Peloton for proper transportation?
In order for the movement of the simulator to be safe and without problems, the Peloton must be disassembled. After transportation, it is easy to assemble back. Taking apart the parts of a bike may seem difficult at first, but with the instructions, it will be much easier to figure it out.
Removing the touchscreen
- The touch screen of the machine has two connectors (for power and communication), they need to be disconnected.
- Disconnect the power cord from the stand.
- Remove the plastic cover on the back of the display.
- Remove the display from the mount by removing the four screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
- The touch display must be in a vertical position and rotated 180 degrees. Next, it should be lifted up to the stop, facing towards the ceiling.
- Remove the two screws securing the display. To do this, you need a 4 mm hexagon.
Removing the pedals
- You will need a 15mm wrench to remove the pedals.
- The right pedal must be removed by turning the key counterclockwise.
- For the left pedal, turn the key clockwise.
Removing the bottle holder
- Release the magnetic brake by setting the resistance lever all the way to the right.
- Unscrew the two screws securing the bottle holder (you will need a Phillips screwdriver).
- Remove the tool by pulling it down and out with both hands.
Removing the load carriers
- To remove, you need a 4 mm hexagon.
- Remove the two screws on the left side of the weight holder.
- Remove the two screws on the right side of the weight holder.
- Remove the parts from the machine.
Can Peloton be transported on its side?
It is possible to move the simulator in the side position if all the fragile elements listed above (display, weight and bottle holders, pedals) are first removed from the Peloton. If you miss this important point and lay the simulator on its side, the probability of their breakdown will be very high.
Can Peloton be transported in an SUV?
An off-road vehicle can be used to transport the Peloton, as the dimensions of the simulator allow this. These vehicles have cargo space of up to 4 cubic meters, and the Peloton has a footprint of 1.2 by 0.6 m. Therefore, the bike should fit easily in the luggage compartment.
In general, the possibility of transporting a Peloton in a particular car depends precisely on the area of its cargo space. For example, we can say with confidence that the Peloton simulator fits even in a compact SUV of the Subaru Forester model without any problems.
The luggage compartment of this car has a volume of just over 2 cubic meters. For a small SUV, this is a great trunk size, although regular models in this class tend to have twice the cargo space. So a Peloton bike will likely fit in any SUV.
How to transport Peloton in a truck
When it is possible to transport the Peloton on a truck or other vehicle equipped with an onboard platform, it is not necessary to disassemble the simulator. It can simply be moved vertically. Still, disassembling and assembling a bicycle takes some time. To prepare Peloton for relocation, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the treadmill display from the two connectors (power and data).
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear stand (stabilizer).
- Make sure the handlebars are in the lowest possible position.
- Make sure the seat is in the lowest possible position.
- Remove all weights from the rear of the machine.
- Protect the touch screen by covering it with bubble wrap or a thick cloth.
- Protect the pedals, flywheel and seat with a thick sheet.
- Bicycle can be transported!
When all the preparations are over, you can start moving the bike. To do this, you just need to lift it with the help of a partner and load it into the car body in an upright position. It is very important to keep the simulator immobile. It must be secured in place with ratchet straps.
What to do after Peloton delivery?
So, the simulator safely reached its destination. The job is almost done, but there are a few more things to pay attention to. The process of unloading the Peloton is no less important. There is still a danger of breaking its fragile parts. Therefore, you need to be careful when unloading the bike from the car and bringing it into the room.
In cases where, after the complete assembly of the simulator, it cannot turn on, you should not be upset. Such situations are quite common. Most likely, there is a break in the connection and Peloton needs to be connected to the network again.
How does transporting Peloton affect the warranty?
If you move the treadmill yourself, some damage may occur, and such cases will not be considered a warranty. The same applies to the dismantling and reassembly activities of the Peloton. During the warranty period, only technicians authorized by the manufacturer may do this.